The Sika® Carbodur® and SikaWrap® structural reinforcement products strengthen beams, columns and slabs with epoxy bonded carbon fibres or fibreglass.
Qualification and experience
We are Sika Canada certified Sika® Carbodur® strip and SikaWrap® fabric installers.
Sika Canada developed a structural reinforcement system with the help of Sika® Carbodur® strips, which are carbon fibre strips, and SikaWrap® fabric, which are carbon fibre and fibreglass fabrics. Launched in 1997, these structural reinforcement application processes had a large-scale roll out in the marketplace.
The efficiency of these systems was proven with the hundreds of successful projects over the years, whether in the buildings, public works or civil engineering sectors.
These avant-garde techniques increase the capacity of concrete works without increasing the dead load or modifying the overall dimensions.
Depending on the chosen measures, they can increase resistance to tension and bending forces.
Our areas of application
- Reinforcing the exterior of existing structures
- Increasing the load of certain structures
- Correcting calculation or construction errors
- Repairing structures damaged by corrosion, fire, impacts or aging
- Changing the building’s purpose
- Conforming to codes
- Modifying the structure (removing slabs, walls, beams, etc.)
- Seismic revaluation
Advantages of Sika® products
- Highly resistant
- Unlimited length
- Minimal preparation required
- Very easy to install
- High elasticity
- Exceptionally high fatigue strength
Sika Canada also developed a mortar that offers fire protection. Sikacrete® can offer at least 4 hours of fire resistance when used in combination with Sika® Carbodur® or SikaWrap®.
This mortar respects strict standards, and its evaluation was conducted by Underwriters Laboratories of Canada (ULC) according to the following standards and methods: standard methods for building construction and materials fire endurance testing (CAN/ULC-S101), standards for building construction and materials fire resistance testing (ANSI/UL263) and standard methods to test the fire resistance of building construction and materials (ASTM E119/NFPA251).
The benefits of Sikacrete®-213F
- Very good fire protection
- Easy preparation (just add water)
- Light weight, low density and minimal rebound
- Formula and spray method reduce consumption
- Does not contribute to the formation of smoke and toxic fumes in a fire